50th Anniversary Events
Welcome to the 50th Anniversary Celebration!
It’s taking place at a different campus and center on 6 Saturdays between August and November 2018. You’ll find detailed information by clicking on the tab for your campus or center of interest!
Prescott Campus Friday & Saturday, August 24-25
Prescott Valley Center Saturday, September 15
Career & Tech Edu Center Saturday, September 29
Verde Valley Campus Saturday, October 20
Chino Valley Center Saturday, October 27
Sedona Center Saturday, November 3
Friday, August 24, 2018 (2 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
- 2 – 4 p.m. High Tea with Florence Nightingale – YC Nursing School reunion.
- 5 – 7:30 p.m. Prescott Art Gallery reception for faculty and alumni.
Saturday, August 25, 2018 (7 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
- 7 a.m. Dollars for Scholars Fun Run along the YC Trail.
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Prescott Campus Block Party featuring Sugar & the Mint and the Prescott’s Got Talent competition; food trucks, bounce houses, jugglers, balloon artists, face-painting and more.
- 2 p.m. YC Soccer vs. Irvine Valley College, Ken Lindley Field.
- 7 p.m. 50th Anniversary Opening Presentation, YC Performing Arts Center.
- 7 p.m. Jay Leno live, on the YCPAC stage!
Saturday, September 15, 2018 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Fall Into Health @ YC Wellness and Safety Festival featuring bed-making contest; obstacle course; ambulance and patrol cars to investigate; fingerprint kits; mini classes in Zumba, Stress Management, Self-Defense, Nutrition, etc.; games, food, music
Saturday, September 29, 2018 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. – CTEC will honor the 50th with a tech-savvy carnival featuring food trucks, free burgers and a beer garden with robot bartenders! You’ll also find drone races, a Kids Zone (with stomp rockets), and a host of technically themed games.
Saturday, October 20, 2018 (11 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
Saturday, October 27, 2018 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The Chino campus will partner with Chino Valley’s Chamber of Commerce Fall Festival for a day-long celebration with: hay rides, food trucks, a corn maze, a beer garden, horse and canine contests, drone and lineman program demonstrations and more!